More from Blog Tour Vegas! Innovation, Performance and Design
Before heading to Las Vegas to be a part of #BlogTourVegas and #KBIS2015- which is the leading Kitchen and Bath Industry Show, I received a package in the mail from Thermador, one of companies who sponsored my trip. They generously gave each of us a state of the art wine opener (that lights up in Thermador's signature blue colour), a chef's apron and oven mitt. Plus, they thoughtfully sent information about their latest products so we didn't have to carry it back with us the plane. Reading up on Thermador ahead of time made me excited to see everything in person. Photo Credit: Alison Habermehl
Once in Vegas, the blog tour group had a personal tour from Zack Elkin, director of brand marketing. He is clearly knowledgable and passionate about Thermador not only as a company and what they stand for, he also feels the same way about the people who work there.
Photo Credit: Chasen West Photography
After Zack personally gave us a tour of our Design and Construction Week booth at #KBIS2015, full of inspiring ideas I can use on future projects, we were invited to a private “friend-raising” luncheon at the Las Vegas Country Club. Being treated to a leisurely lunch, away from the hustle of the show was so appreciated. It's probably not a surprise to know it's not easy to impress designers, since we need to have very discerning taste to do our job well. It was obvious from the day my package arrived that Thermador understood. I was impressed.
Below are a my top 3 appliances from Thermador that our blog tour was introduced to.
1) 48" PRO GRAND STEAM RANGE:
- Here are a few highlights: The only range in the market to offer seven distinct cooking options with four integrated appliances: a full function combination Steam & Convection Oven; a large capacity Convection Oven; a six-burner Gas Cooktop and electric grill/griddle option with ProCoat™ titanium surface; and a Warming Drawer • 1.4-cubic-foot Steam & Convection Oven cavity with 30 easy cook food programs, and water tank design that eliminates the need for plumbing modifications
It's a 7-in-1 dream machine and will appease the most discerning chef. However, if you're like me, you would be happy to just gaze at this beautiful appliance in your kitchen and not cook at all!
2) FREEDOM 18-INCH WINE COLUMN:
- Here are just a few highlights: The largest true-flush design refrigeration portfolio in America with more than 20 customizable models • Multiple options available with counter-depth 24-inch and 30- inch fresh food columns; 18-inch, 24-inch and 30-inch freezer columns, and 18-inch and 24-inch wine columns • The industry’s first full-width, flexible ice drawer.
- Here are a few highlights: The first full-surface induction appliance in the luxury appliance category • Natural-mapping user interface that intelligently recognizes cookware size, shape and position to deliver heat without boundaries • 6.5-inch, full-colour touchscreen display that recognizes pot shape, size, and controls power setting and cooking time • At 36 inches, it’s the largest cooking surface in the industry